Friday, May 10, 2013

Anna and the French Kiss--Review

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 400

Synopsis: Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Etienne St.Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

_______________________

Review: Its taken me a really long time to get this review out. It had taken me a really long time to actually get around to purchasing the book, and then actually reading the book. When I finally got around to it, I absolutely loved it!
The story follows Anna, who is an average American teenager who has been shipped off to a boarding school in Paris. I found Anna to be a very relatable character, and I think that has something to do with why I enjoyed her as much as I did.

In terms of characters, I absolutely enjoyed all of them, especially Etienne. The English accent definitely helps, and makes him out to be that much more attractive. Of course he is also clever, witty, and smart. I think the other reason that I fell in love with him because he was actually a good guy love interest. I wish there were more male characters like St.Clair! One of the things that I enjoyed so much about Etienne, was the chemistry that he had with Anna.

The setting was also a wonderful part of this book. Of course, I really enjoyed the romance, but the setting is what really did it for me. Perkins has done such a wonderful job at recreating Paris, and explaining details that I actually thought I was there. Although I have never been Paris, I now have a better understanding of what it must be like. It was also refreshing to read a book that has a completely different setting, I have not read many books that have been set in Paris.

I immensely enjoyed Perkins' style of writing. Her writing style made this book such a witty, and fun read. This book was so well paced, it just kept me reading and wanting more. When I started to read this book, I was in a bit of a reading slump and this is what pulled me out of it.

Overall, this was such a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it! I'm looking forward to getting around to Lola and the Boy Next Door.

Rating:*****

No comments:

Post a Comment